SA wellness is dedicated to enhancing the security and quality of patient care and reaching the patient outcomes that are best possible.
The security training System is a software that permits all SA wellness solutions to record, manage, research and analyse client and worker incidents along with customer feedback. It can also be utilized for taking information regarding safety solutions and also to record formal notifications like those for coronial things or malpractice that is medical.
The goal of each one of the SLS modules, and which legislation they relate to, is described into the table of Key SLS Modules (PDF 92KB).
Any employee having an SA Health HAD login can record an event into SLS.
Skip to parts of information utilizing the links that are corresponding:
Advantages of SLS for the customer and SA Health solutions
Great things about SLS for the buyer and SA wellness solutions includes:
- It facilitates good medical governance by supplying an individual system across SA wellness that manages incidents, consumer feedback and notifications.
- SLS has helped embed a tradition of security and quality to the day-to-day routines of all SA wellness employees once the findings associated with review or research of activities in SLS provides a way through which lessons that are valuable be learnt and high high quality improvements identified.
- The machine is employed to examine trends in reported events and determine particular areas for enhancement at both a state-wide and Health that is local Network (LHN).
- Whenever coupled with information off their systems into the LHN Analytics and Reporting provider (LARS) and QIP Hub, SLS permits all staff to observe SA health insurance and their health unit compare up against the National Safety and Quality Service guidelines (as well as different state key performance indicators).
- It can help to see employees additionally the public by assisting the yearly book associated with Southern Australian individual protection Report. This report also incorporates a summary of some of the quality enhancement initiatives which have been implemented, some being the total outcome of styles which were identified from SLS information.
- Through the introduction of SLS this season we could see a noticable difference within the reporting of incidents in to the operational system from 32,696 reported for 2011/2012 compared to 61023 reported in 2017-2018. Moreover, we could see a general lowering of incidents with damage that are down 57% from 2011/2012. This means since its inception we have been now shooting more dangers and near misses which offer us with all the information to avoid those from reoccurring or becoming more severe.
Staff use SLS in lots of ways dependent on their part and duties. You can find guides and training to aid users whom:
- Are recording an incident or near skip into SLS (notifiers)
- Have actually obligation for report about reported incidents (supervisors or supervisors will be needing access that is user/login
- Have actually obligation to generate reports and employ them for quality enhancement and monitoring styles.
Some SLS data is additionally presented in the QIP Hub.
SLS includes a true amount of modules for different purposes and forms of incidents. Each has information and resources to aid users.
Patient incidents in SLS. Perform Health Protection incidents in SLS
Everybody services that are providing behalf of SA wellness must record all client associated incidents, including near misses, into SLS. All incidents reported into SLS are evaluated and severe incidents undergo more investigation that is detailed.
Work Health and protection (WHS) reporting into SLS ensures a standardised procedure to adhere to appropriate needs also to offer information to aid future hazard control and WHS avoidance programs.
Information in WHS event reports on SLS is governed by the Perform Health and protection Act 2012 (SA)
All workers ought to report Perform Health and protection incidents including:
- Dangers, such as for example gear faults, environmental facets
- Incidents without any damage
- Incidents with damage or damage, including physical damage or stress that is mental
Safety incidents in SLS
A safety event is any occasion or situation that led to an ask for crisis or security attendance that is non-emergency. Included in these are whenever some of the Emergency Codes are known as.
The reporting and post on both crisis and non-emergency protection incidents to SLS will subscribe to increasing security for clients, employees and site visitors.
You will find legislative along with other demands to help keep documents of whenever these incidents happen.
Customer feedback in SLS
Customer feedback (including complaints, compliments, advice and suggestions) are recorded and handled in SLS to push enhancement when you look at the quality of medical care solutions provided and enable the recognition of styles and danger. In addition enables wellness solutions to make sure that they’ve been responding in a prompt manner to the issues regarding the customers.
Notifications in SLS
A mechanism is provided by the Notifications module for nominated SA wellness supervisors to record facts about notifiable incidents. These generally include fatalities (under needs for the Coroners Act 2003), prospective malpractice that is medical alleged sexual attack or misconduct incidents.
Coroners and Medical Malpractice notifications are evaluated by SA Health’s Legal Governance and Insurance solutions device (ISU) and referred on to SAICORP as needed.
These notifications don’t consist of those needed by SafeWork or Public wellness notifications.
Finding SLS on your desktop
To get SLS in your SA wellness computer, click Start – All Programs – Corporate programs – SAH Applications – protection Learning System